The Ford Prefect is a line of British cars which was produced by Ford UK between 1938 and 1961 as an upmarket version of the Ford Popular and Ford Anglia small family cars. It was introduced in October 1938 and remained in production until 1941. Returning to the market in 1945, it was offered until 1961.
The Ford Prefect was built by the Ford plant in Dagenham, Essex.
The most common body styles were two- and four-door saloons, but pre-war a few tourers and drophead coupés were made. Post-war, only four-door saloons were available on the home market, but two-door models were made for export.
Location: Elsecar Heritage Centre, Wath Road, Elsecar, Barnsley S74 8HJ
Photographer: Andrew Fairclough